1119 W. Chestnut St., Centralia, WA 98531
Office: (360) 330-7628
Fax: (360) 330-7591
Gibb Kingsley, Director of Transportation firstname.lastname@example.org
Dale Dunham, Asst. Director of Transportation email@example.com
Kari Settle – Secretary/Bookkeeper
Anne Snyder – Secretary/Dispatcher
Harvey Bamford – Shop Supervisor
|KXXO (Mixx96)||96.1 FM|
NOTE: “Winter Snow Route” adjustments apply to both the ride in to school and the ride home. We ask that you make every attempt NOT to contact the schools, transportation office, or radio stations regarding school closures.
See Below for the details of the Winter Snow / Emergency Closure.
As winter approaches, we are encouraging students to wear coats and clothing appropriate for these colder temperatures. We would also like to remind parents to listen to the local radio stations for changes in school schedules due to winter conditions. Be sure to listen to the following radio stations regarding late starts and / or school closures:
BOARD APPROVED INCLEMENT/SNOW ROUTES 2013/14
During inclement weather conditions, buses will be running a few minutes late due to road conditions. Pick-up times and locations will be as close to the regular schedules as possible unless radio announcements state otherwise. In the interest of safety for our bus-riding students, the following route changes will be in effect for ALL the (A.M. and P.M. routes) when it is announced that buses are running on WINTER SNOW ROUTES.
Delete Nix Rd, Alternate Location: Hwy 603 and Nix Rd (7:40).
Delete Tune Rd between Hwy 603 and Shorey Rd, Alternate Location: Tune Rd and Shorey Rd (7:35)
Bus does not go up beyond Dairy on MaComber Rd, Turn-a-round at the Diary on MaComber Rd (7:25).
Delete Chehalis Valley Dr. Alternate Location: Chehalis Vallye Rd and Jackson Hwy (7:44)
Delete Sanderson Rd, Alternate Location: Sanderson and Jackson Hwy (7:48)
Keep in Mind: Wading through flood waters is dangerous for several reasons. First, flood waters can be moving at a rapid pace. Before you know it, you can be swept away and drown. Next, flood water can contain hundreds of different chemicals that are harmful for the body. In addition, bacteria and other microorganisms can cause disease and infection.
1) Announcements on school closures will be made starting at 6:00 am on the above radio stations. Please do not call the transportation office.
2) If it becomes necessary to dismiss school early due to weather or other conditions, you child will be sent home in the usual manner unless we have been previously notified in writing of an alternate plan.
3) When it is necessary to dismiss school early due to weather and / or other conditions, your child will be sent to their normal destination unless we have been previously notified in writing of an alternate plan. If you have not filled out the emergency dismissal form, we encourage you to complete this form during the fall conference week.
4) Your written request must include the names of other people to whom we are able to release your child in these situations.
5) Please discuss these alternate plans with your child(ren) so they will not be confused or upset should such an emergence arise.
6) Schools will be delayed either one or two hours. Check below to see the start time of the school your child(ren) attend.
|School||1 Hour||2 Hour|
|Cascade Elementary||9:15 am||10:15 am|
|R.E. Bennett Elementary||9:15 am||10:15 am|
|Olympic Elementary||9:25 am||10:25 am|
|Chehalis Middle School||9:20 am||10:20 am|
|W.F. West High School||9:15 am||10:15 am|
|Green Hill Academic School|
7) The safety of your child is always our first concern. We need you and your child to share this responsibility with us. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.
The Chehalis School District, in conjunction with the Centralia/Chehalis Pupil Transportation Coop, is always seeking substitute school bus drivers. For more information about the qualification and conditions of employment please go to Classified Staff Position. For additional details and to set up an interview contact Dale Dunham at (360) 330-7628.