The Chehalis School District, in conjunction with the Centralia/Chehalis Pupil Transportation Coop, is always seeking substitute school bus drivers. For more information about the qualification and conditions of employment please go to Classified Staff Position.
For additional details and to set up an interview contact Dale Dunham at (360) 330-7628.
In an attempt to provide the Chehalis School District parents and students the best and most reliable information concerning school closures and inclement weather, we will post any changes on each schools web page. You may also visit the “FlashAlert” as to the current status of the schools. They will post any alterations in our school/transportation scheduling starting no later than 6:00 a.m.
NOTE: “Winter Snow Route” adjustments apply to both the ride in to school and the ride home. We ask that you make every attempt NOT to contact the schools, transportation office, or radio stations regarding school closures.
Winter Snow / Emergency Closure
As winter approaches, we are encouraging students to wear coats and clothing appropriate for these colder temperatures. We would also like to remind parents to listen to the local radio stations for changes in school schedules due to winter conditions.
Inclement Weather / Snow Routes
During inclement weather conditions, buses will be running a few minutes late due to road conditions. Pick-up times and locations will be as close to the regular schedules as possible unless radio announcements state otherwise. In the interest of safety for our bus-riding students, the following route changes will be in effect for ALL the (A.M. and P.M. routes) when it is announced that buses are running on WINTER SNOW ROUTES.
Guidelines & Procedures
The following are guidelines we want you to have in case we experience snow or icy weather conditions.
- Announcements on school closures will be made starting at 6:00 am on the above radio stations. Please do not call the transportation office.
- If it becomes necessary to dismiss school early due to weather or other conditions, you child will be sent home in the usual manner unless we have been previously notified in writing of an alternate plan.
- When it is necessary to dismiss school early due to weather and / or other conditions, your child will be sent to their normal destination unless we have been previously notified in writing of an alternate plan. If you have not filled out the emergency dismissal form, we encourage you to complete this form during the fall conference week.
- Your written request must include the names of other people to whom we are able to release your child in these situations.
- Please discuss these alternate plans with your child(ren) so they will not be confused or upset should such an emergence arise.
- Schools will be delayed either one or two hours. Check below to see the start time of the school your child(ren) attend.
School 1 Hour 2 Hour James W. Lintott Elementary 9:30 am 10:30 am Orin C. Smith Elementary 9:30 am 10:130 am Chehalis Middle School 9:20 am 10:20 am W.F. West High School 9:15 am 10:15 am Green Hill Academic School
The safety of your child is always our first concern. We need you and your child to share this responsibility with us. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.
|KXXO (Mixx96)||96.1 FM|
Will have NO CHANGES to these Routes, expect delays.
Delete Devereese (uphill). Alternate Location: Devereese & Shorey (7:25) – Students North of Galaxie Rd & Roberts Drive in the Newuakum Heights, Alternate Location: Roberts Drive and Glalaxie Rd (7:35). Students on Devereese, Alternate Location: Devereese and Galaxie Rd (7:35).
Delete Nix Rd, Alternate Location: Hwy 603 and Nix Rd (7:40).
Delete Tune Rd between Hwy 603 and Shorey Rd, Alternate Location: Tune Rd and Shorey Rd (7:35)
Delete Hillcrest, Alternate Location: Hillcrest and Jackson Hwy (7:15).
Bus does not go up beyond Dairy on MaComber Rd, Turn-a-round at the Diary on MaComber Rd (7:25).
Delete Chehalis Valley Dr. Alternate Location: Chehalis Vallye Rd and Jackson Hwy (7:44)
Delete Sanderson Rd, Alternate Location: Sanderson and Jackson Hwy (7:48)
No Changes unless notified by the Transportation Office.
No bus service on Tune Rd, Shoreline Dr., Cedar, Brace, Florida, or Airport Roads. When flood condition exist, the alternate location will be as close as possible to barriers. Students should proceed with extreme caution whenever in the vicinity of high water.
Keep in Mind: Wading through flood waters is dangerous for several reasons. First, flood waters can be moving at a rapid pace. Before you know it, you can be swept away and drown. Next, flood water can contain hundreds of different chemicals that are harmful for the body. In addition, bacteria and other microorganisms can cause disease and infection.