El Distrito Escolar en Chehalis es un sistema escolar con igualdad de oportunidades en la educacion y trata a todos por igual sin discriminación racial, religion, color, origen nacional, edad, sexo, orientación sexual, expresiones del genero, identidad, estado matrimonial, ó individuos incapacitados, ó con impedimientos sensoriales, mentales, impedimientos fisicos o´ impedimientos que requieran la asistencia de perros guias, ó personas que utilizen los servicios de mascotas y proporcionamos igual acceso a grupos juveniles designados.
“Grievance” shall mean a complaint which has been filed by a complainant (a student, an employee, a parent or guardian) relating to alleged violations of any anti-discrimination law including Title IX regulations and Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 392-190, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 42 USC 12101 – 12213 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
A complaint shall mean a charge alleging specific acts, conditions or circumstances, which are in violation of the anti-discrimination laws. A respondent shall mean the person alleged to be responsible or who may be responsible for the violation alleged in the complaint.
The primary purpose of this procedure is to secure an equitable solution to a justifiable complaint to this and, the following steps shall be taken:
Denies the allegations contained in the written complaint received by the district, or
Shall implement reasonable measures to eliminate any such act, conditions or circumstance.
Such corrective measures deemed necessary shall be instituted as expeditiously as possible, but in no event later than 30 calendar days following the superintendent’s mailing of a written response to the complaining party.
- The date upon which the complainant received the superintendent’s response, or
- The expiration of the 30-calendar day response period stated in Level One, whichever occurs first.
The board shall schedule a hearing to commence by the 20th calendar day following the filing of the written notice of appeal. Both parties shall be allowed to present such witnesses and testimony as the board deems relevant and material. The board shall render a written decision by the 10th calendar day following the termination of the hearing and shall provide a copy to all parties involved.
- A notice of appeal must be received by the superintendent of public instruction on or before the tenth (10th) day following the date upon which the complainant received written notice of the board of directors’ decision.
- A notice of appeal must be in writing in the form required by the superintendent of public instruction and must set forth:
- A concise statement of the original complaint and the portions of the board of directors’ decision which is appealed.
- The suggested recommendations for resolution or remediation of the alleged complaint set forth in the original statement of complaint.
In compliance with Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill 5895, the Chehalis School District has adopted the Center for Educational Learning 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning as it’s instructional model and the Association of Washington School Principal’s model as it’s leadership framework.