Notice of School Board Vacancy
Chehalis School District is accepting applications for Director District 2 to fill the vacancy on the district’s Board of Directors.
The Board will accept applications for appointment to this position through June 7, 2021. The appointment is for approximately 5 months. The position will be up for election in the 2021 primary and general elections. The term of office for the winner of the November 2021 general election will be two years.
Board members are expected to attend regular meetings on the third of most months at 6:30 p.m., as well as executive and work sessions. Directors may also participate in committees related to education and attend many school events throughout the year.
- Chehalis School District Director Information
- Serving on your local school board (Washington State School Directors’ Association)
- Washington School Board Standards (Washington State School Directors’ Association)
- For New School Directors (Washington State School Directors’ Association)
Description of School Board Director District 2 Area
Notice is hereby given that a vacancy currently exists on the Chehalis School District Board of Directors in Director District 2. Click here to view Director Position 2 boundary.
- Determine initial applicant qualifications:
- The applicant must be a registered voter AND
- The applicant for Director District 2 must reside within Chehalis School District’s Director District 2.
- Send a letter of interest, resume, and list of three references with contact information (no later than June 7, 2021) to Gayle Meister, Administrative Support Secretary to the Superintendent and Board of Directors, Chehalis School District Board of Directors, 310 SW 16th Street, Chehalis, WA 98532, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants, please include your full name and physical address (including zip code), and an email address and telephone number where you can be contacted during the day.
Thank you for your interest.