On Thursday, February 13, W.F. West High School hosted the 4th annual Apprenticeship Panel and more than 300 students attended. Students learned about how apprenticeships work and the many opportunities within various trades.
This event was made possible through the support of professionals who were willing to share information about their trade to W.F. West students, including:
- Laborers Union- Jeremy Clevenger
- NW Washington Electrical Union- Barry Blackburn
- Operating Engineers Union- Kevin Tedrick and Chris Hall
- PUD/ Lineman- Ed Schlecht & John Prigmore
- SW Pipe Trades Union- Seth Thompson
- Western WA Sheet Metal Union- Shane Webb
The event was part of the Student Achievement Initiative with a Career and College Readiness focus. Chehalis School District’s goal is for graduates to be career prepared and successfully obtain a meaningful certificate or college degree post-graduation. Aware, eligible and prepared = ready.